Thread: getting ready
View Single Post
Unread 07-14-2018, 07:53 PM   #10
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

I've always got 3 or 4 rifles sighted in ready for deer as we usually have some property we do damage control .

Shotguns are as ready as they'll ever be , be it for deer or winged creatures .

I quit bush hogging my trails a couple years ago . I just ride the ATV thru three or four times a couple weeks before archery season .

Both my chain saws are sitting in the garage beside my big tractor in case they're needed . The last two weeks I spent cutting up tree's that fell in my yard when a mini twister (for lack of a better term) came thru . I do however have a rather extra large tree that was up rooted in my front woods close to the drive way and the road that goes by the front of our property . That one will get turned into burnable pieces after the first of the year . Now with that being said I can see a Stihl 391 with a 25" bar finding its way to my house soon as my Stihl 291 is only an 18" bar and that tree is a good 35-38" .

This year I'll do a first for me . I'll leave the country in the middle of Virginia archery and not be back in the country until the Monday before election day . Gonna leave for the PI on October 10th stay on Mindanao until the 28th , then back to Manila on the 28th take a side trip to Corregidor and Clark . Then on to Makati November 2nd and 3rd to attend the pre wedding and wedding of one of my nieces . Fly oughtta Manila early November 5th their time and land in Dullus the afternoon of the 5th our time .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote