View Single Post
Unread 02-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #14
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy schiller View Post
Thank you. Any clue to it’s value? It’s worth what I paid for it to me. But if I ever get stuck and needed to move it .....
Would more pics help? Of what?
Thanks again.
Before a value could be determined it would definitely require more pictures. We would need to see the checkering on the stock and the forend for starters. More detailed pictures of the action and the butt treatment would also help. The finish on the barrels would need to be evaluated for originality as well. And then there are the measurements of the stock including length of pull and the drops. The barrels are extremely important on these old doubles. We would need to know the chamber length, wall thickness measurements, and the choke constriction. That's a lot of information for someone to gather that does not have the knowledge and or the tools to measure these guns properly so you may need to consult with a gunsmith or a friend who has the knowledge and the tools to gather this information if you do not know how. It's a long learning curve but a very rewarding process should you choose to take it on.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote