View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

Dean- your reliance on a off hand comment by dear late Oscar to justify the integrity of your own gun so often repeated by you on this and other internet sites does not comport with international proof standards nor the prudent opinions of most if not all professional gunsmiths. Will they blow Up? No, "probably" not. One stuck wad and the concept of prudent safety on these marginal (in the case of Kurt's gun) or beyond marginal (in the case of yours) bored out composite barrels has vanished. I merely caution prudence and inclusion of a margin of safety in evaluating the purchase and use of these old guns. This is something I think we should all encourage.

As to Kurt's guns, once I had measured the barrels and (for me personally) found them wanting, I immediately mentally moved to Plan B...have a set of Galazan's new 30" 20g barrels fitted to it. Adding up the cost of this including a re-cutting the engraving and re-casing, along with (for me) a mandatory re-stock quickly moved me to Plan C...send it back...I'm invoking Plan C more often than I used to, I hear there's a recession going on...in this case have 3 16g hammer Parkers made it easier but a G would have been nice...Good Luck with it Kurt!

Last edited by Don Kaas; 08-28-2009 at 10:51 AM..
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote