Thread: 1930 SB SBT
View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2020, 12:27 PM   #27
Joe Wood
PGCA Member

Member Info

Yes, I also wondered how complete their records are. Especially since Larry is gone and my guess is the work was done quite a long while ago. But surely with their experience they can look at a gun and tell if it has any trademark hints of DelGrego work.

I have kicked around whether this is the original stock or not ever since I bought it and have never arrived at a conclusion. What keeps bringing me back to original is the checkering is just so "Parkerish", perfectly done and the mullered borders are just right when I compared it to the work on my other Parkers. If Parker didn't do it then someone very familiar with Parkers and with the skill did it. And the stock measurements at comb and heel are nearly exactly what the Parker letter specifies....though there is the Monte Carlo comb, not in the letter. Humm....

Unfortunately, the wood under the triggerguard tang has been roughly cut out as though someone with little skill was trying to lower the tang to make it flush with the wood. So, if there was a serial number there it is long gone.

Also, the bore appears to be totally factory, with a little light frosting and a few very small pits. If DelGrego had done the work wouldn't they have lightly polished the bore?
Joe Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Wood For Your Post: