View Single Post
Unread 07-15-2020, 07:22 AM   #9
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,166 Times in 3,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
Is there a restriction in some states on those? I was thinking that shotgun barrels under 18" might be illegal/ or require a special license. Dont get me wrong, I THINK ITS REALLY COOL, and that's in great shape.
What gage is that one?

they were 20ga

highly restricted

the Elmira NY police department found one in an old locker many years ago (before Ithaca closed) and tried to give it back to Ithaca but they couldn't receive it .

i have only known one person that has fired one - and he didn't want to do it again

funny side story, I had a shooting friend back in the 70's that picked up a nice 20ga NID Ithaca with simple but unique engraving. He called a friend at Ithaca to have him see what records he could find for it -- the return call was serious - get rid of it - you can't have it . my friend of course asked why and was told it was an Auto and Burglar gun. he laughed - it had nice wood and 28" barrels - the guess was when they stopped making them someone took one apart and reworked it - what the guy I knew at Ithaca called an "employee grade"