Thread: Good ol UPS
View Single Post
Joseph Plummer- related to actor Christopher?
Unread 10-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #30
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Joseph Plummer- related to actor Christopher?

Or perhaps the Mid-Western rust belt Stater - Joe The Plumber- election year 2008-- his "Warhol-ian 15 minutes of Fame"?? Amazing isn't it what the change of one letter can do- change the second "m" into a "b" and you have a skilled tradesman who maybe makes as much as the fabled Philadelphia lawyer- and has to put his hands into the same messy goo (clogged drains or a bitter divorce perhaps?) in the course of a day's work.

When I was welding schedule pipe in the power plant, the fitters were akin to Master Plumbers- and it takes years of practice to joint and prepare pipe correctly- just as few rookie welders on API can run the "Arkansas bellhole" first shot out of the box--

Now as for Damascus PVC- no matter the schedule- if Lowe's or Home Deport or Handy Andy Plumbing Supply opens a branch in Syria, there's where I'd place my order for such a "special item"-- But I concur, just as the old saying "A good gun deserves a good case"- it would only be fit and proper to ship those fine Bernard barrels from your 12 ga. CH(E) in a Damascus PVC tube--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote