View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
esetter - Gerry Addison
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,068 Times in 281 Posts

He advertised a gun as a Winchester Model 21 "Baby Frame 28GA" new and unfired. Called him and went over the gun with him and he said it was 100% perfect condition and on the baby frame. When it arrived I opened it up to find the stock had a bunch of scratches so I got my camera, took pictures and called him. All of this was within 5 minutes of receiving the gun. Gun was well packaged in a Winchester hard case, nothing that could have scratched the gun. I called him and he said it wasn't like that when shipped but he would have it repaired. I reluctantly agreed to that and then I put the gun together and it felt heavy. Put it next to my 20Ga 21 and it was exactly the same size. Weighed it and it was 1 ounce lighter than my 20GA. Called my friend that owns a 21 baby frame and he measured and weighed it for me and his was 1 pound 15 ounces lighter than my gun. His barrels were shorter but that wouldn't account for 2 pounds. Called Galazan and they looked it up and low and behold it was a standard frame 28GA, not a Baby frame. By the way, the baby frame from Connecticut Shotgun is an $8000 option so you can see that makes a tremendous difference in the cost of the gun and the resale value. I called Gatomann back and told him I would be returning the gun because it wasn't what he had advertised. He again said it was a baby frame and I told him to call Galazan which he did. He found out it was a standard frame and then agreed to take the gun back. He had me ship it to his stock man for repairs to the stock which I did. I ask him when I would get my money back and he said I'm hunting it will be sometime after Christmas. When I told him that wasn't good enough I shouldn't have to wait he finally agreed to send it after the gun arrived at the stock man. I told him I expected the shipping to be paid by him since the gun wasn't at all what he advertised and he didn't say anything. I received the check yesterday and it was for the amount of the gun, minus the $220 shipping. So I was out several days time and $220. To my way of thinking he made the mistake, I should not have to pay for his mistake. Here is a picture of some of the scratches on the 100% perfect stock.

Here is a copy of his listing:
GI#: 100215519
SKU#: 1234
Title: WINCHESTER MODEL 21 BABY FRAME 28 GA.
Description: WINCHESTER 21 SMALL FRAME 28 GA. EJECTORS, SINGLE TRIG., 30"BARRELS, F/M , CIRCASSIAN WOOD , WINCHESTER LEATHER CASE W/COVER , NEWUNFIRED,

Price: $15,000.00
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gerry Addison For Your Post: