View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #12
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,003 Times in 464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
There are at least two 28 gauge Parkers built on the #000 .410 frame. They were displayed at a PGCA meeting at the Ohio Gun Collectors several years ago. They were originally sold at Baltimore a year or two earlier. Dave, I have a copy of the order for the #1 frame ten gauge, but don't recall if a weight was mentioned. The chamber walls on that gun made it the scariest Parker I have ever seen. My #2 frame 27" ten DH weighs 7 pounds 4 ounces. Tens on the #4 frame were all hammer guns in my experience. #6 frame hammerless tens are very scarce, but not unique by any means. I have one in fluid steel that was rebarreled at Parker Brothers when the original 8 gauge barrels were declared illegal for migratory birds.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but how much would a 10 ga on a #6 frame go for ?
this is the 10lb 3/4 10 gauge I was talking about http://puglisiguns.cloudapp.net/inventory/Ant38175

I was thinking maybe its a #4 frame but I guess that barrel weights different from gun to gun and this could just be a heavy barrel #3 ?

the 10 ga #6 frame I seen on here I swore was a hammer gun ?
I would think with modern steel you could safely build a 10 ga on such a small frame ? like the #1 you mentioned . I know nothing about how fluid steel from that era compares to whats used these days .

Im going to be in the price range of around 5,000$ when I get ready to buy my next sxs and im looking at 10s and 3 8 gauges I found for sale .
If its a 10 I would like to find one thats different like the ones built on larger frames or longer barrels if I can find one in that 5k price range .
I want to get my first parkers but If i find a long barrel 8 gauge double than I will end up with that . Which I have recently found one 36" tubes for 5100$ .
I love 32" barrels on my 10s but my dream gun is a 36" sxs 8 gauge .

Also Ive read that parker made a #5 and #7 frame size what are these guns ? I tried to google them but couldnt find anything .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote