View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #17
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

So, I went to the source - the only still living person in the pic. She filled me in on the picture, not that she had memory of it rather memories of how many times in life she heard stories about that time. My math wasn't quite right on her age. She was the New Years baby for Calgary Alberta in 1927. She says she was 6 months old in that picture. Her Grandparents had taken them on a trip to Spokane via Radium Hot Springs in British Columbia. That is likely the train station picture. She called the car Grandma's new Ford. So the trip would have been June 1927 and if it is a new vehicle it would be a 1926. (I don't think 1927 models would be on the market in June of '26 but stand to be corrected on that assumption). I wouldn't discount 1925 as that might still be considered newish.

Funny story added. The toy gun was purchased in Spokane. Upon crossing the border back into Canada and being asked if they bought anything, Grandpa said NO. The honest six year old immediately corrected him saying Grandpa bought me a gun. I'll bet he was popular at that moment. Cheers, Jack