Thread: My PHE Pics
View Single Post
My PHE Pics
Unread 12-19-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
Sean
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default My PHE Pics

I was reading through a few threads about identification and markings and thought it would be fun to post a few photos of my PHE- the first gun I bought as a Parker collector. I bought this gun after much searching, gun shows, pawn shops, and seeing examples of fairly good and really, really bad. It was intimidating based on the prices and intricacies of knowing what to look for. I consulted with people who knew things like Hershel Chadick and Ed Muderlak and reading Peter Johnson's book back in the early 1990s.

There is a lot of information out there now, the internet, this forum, plenty of guns for sale with great pictures.

Some things to learn about looking at this gun:

Barrel flats- 1 1/2 frame; bbl weight = 4lbs. 1 oz, Parker steel, proof marks, grade 1 (P), engraving intact bbl engraving as sharp as frame - probably not refinished.
Water table -sn all match, PH grade, color hardening matching wear and finish condition
Frame pics- screws in good condition, dolls head fits, trigger plate screws perfect, lever slightly right of center when closed, Color hardening remaining, action not loose, stock fits frame(not refinished).
Stock - some finish, DHBP and screws in good shape
For End- color remaining
Dimensions- I think this is a special order - 1 3/8 x 2 1/4 x 14 5/8. - fits me like a glove and not the standard dimensions of the stock guns I have seen and tried. Most had more drop (1 1/2 or 1 5/8 drop) - in my opinion.

I am encouraging new members to ask us questions questions even if they seem simple-please post and ask we are here to help! Use these photos to learn and see what we are talking about.

Sorry for the upside down photos I’ll try to fix this.
Sean Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Sean Johnson For Your Post: