View Single Post
143 years later, this Parker is still filling the pot!
Unread 04-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

Default 143 years later, this Parker is still filling the pot!

Spent the last couple of days at a friends South Texas Ranch, Turkey hunting with fellow member David Boyles and his grandson Courtland, here on Spring Break from South Carolina. Managed to kill a gobblers both yesterday morning and yesterday evening! Yesterday morning I was using my recently acquired early $125 Grade Lifter Short 10, 28". A 1 1/4 oz load of 5's did the trick at 24 yards. The bird went down like he was pole axed! Followed up yesterday evening with a fine gobbler using my Richards, English 10 bore hammergun, 32" Damascus, weighing in at a svelte 10.8 lbs.!

David's Grandson killed his first Turkey Sunday evening, shooting a VH 16. And followed up this morning with another! David took a bird this morning with his beautiful Top Action hammer 10.

I had to leave early this morning, so I don't yet have pics of David and Courtlands birds and guns. I will follow up as they get the pics to me.

Great time, great company! But have to say.....the other hunters got a little tired of mine and David's gunshow...gun talk....and over all gun mania!!

Will post more pics as they come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg macabi Turkey1.jpg (637.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg macabi3.jpg (606.5 KB, 11 views)