View Single Post
Alaska Fishing Raffle
Unread 03-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

Default Alaska Fishing Raffle

I recently corresponded with Jeff Kuss about the foundation raffle for the Alaska fishing trip this July. Jeff informed me the raffle might not happen for the lack of interest & sales of tickets. He also stated that he would need to return the money to those who have already sent in their money.

I would like to add my two cents here if I may. I am a former Alaska fishing guide/lodge manager who spent five years fishing the streams, lakes & oceans of Alaska from South East Alaska to Prince William Sound & the Kenia river system. I know the value of a trip like whats being offered in this raffle.

I'm rather surprised to hear that the minimum of fifty tickest hasn't been sold so far to be able to justify holding the raffle. IMO this is one heck of a deal for chance to win a trip of this value. Personally in my way of thinking if only fifty tickets were sold you would have a 1 in 50 chance to win a trip of a life time. That's one heck of a lot better odds than playing the lottery or the NCAA brackets. Think about how many times you have spent a $100.00 on much more foolish things.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you can see your way to finding an extra hundred bucks, send it in to Jeff and help make the raffle happen. It is going to the Parker foundation.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, it's not my intent. I'm just trying to help sell some tickets for the raffle.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post: