View Single Post
SBT
Unread 04-06-2017, 11:15 PM   #25
Mark Riessen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default SBT

Hi Jeff, Well from what I can see in the pictures, the ser. no. would put it's mfg. about 1935. Remington took control in '34 I believe. The bbls. have their roll mark on the side where a full blown Ilion gun would have no info on the rib or bbls. Also Remington only purchased the name 'PARKER' not Parker bros. Notice that on the belly of the frame it says only 'PARKER'. The grip cap is Meriden not Ilion as the guns were still mfg. in Conn. and had not moved to NY. Also the flying bird changed direction at some point after the purchase by Remington. One goes left the other goes right. None of it really matters, it is just odd little thing that Parker guys notice and have fun with when picking guns apart. Some collectors really get excited about transition guns and there features. I love them all, especially really clean guns like yours that have not been 'overhauled'. You are super lucky to get such a nice one. The main thing is don't put it in the closet. Buy several flats of light trap loads and take her out and enjoy her, she was made to shoot. She has more character and style than 20 or 30 so called modern trap guns, trust me, I've shot em both. I just got really lucky in life and met up with a guy named Jeff Christie who was willing to take the time and show me some of his old guns and get me going in the right direction. I had the inclination but was a little bit confused and not sure what to do. Stay on this site and you will learn a ton. Have fun, don't take things to seriously and good luck. Mark
Mark Riessen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark Riessen For Your Post: