View Single Post
I dub thee "Bog Devil "
Unread 10-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
chris dawe
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,784 Times in 602 Posts

Default I dub thee "Bog Devil "

In honor of Destry's "Swamp Angel"...I had a very fortunate opportunity of an invite to Delta marsh in Manitoba to shoot ducks ,not being an avid duck hunter I struggled as to what to gun to bring ,it had to be a sxs no doubt ,and remembering the few boxes of 12 gauge 2 3/4 tungsten matrix #3 shot along with some bismuth #6 I scored a few years ago it had to be a 12 gauge ...I then remembered a fine set of 32 inch vulcan steel bbls I got in trade from Mr .Hornacek ,and remembered they were a very close fit to my already restored grade 2 -2 frame ten gauge ...the pressure was on to fit them up between paying work ,I cut it so close I never even got to shoot the gun other test fire before I got on the plane!

To say I was happy with the gun,my new friends and my stay at Sports Afield lodge would be a drastic understatement ,the lodge is steeped to the rafters in history hosting the likes of Clark Gable ,Babe Ruth ,King George V,and many many more ,the guides at the lodge were top notch -all local Metis and their wives cooked incredible meals in the kitchen ....the Bog Devil ,well he spoke for himself ,over and over again !!! I shot the gun better than anything I own !!! (on ducks that is ,the afternoon I spent chasing woodcock with a 9lb 32 inch gun was embarrassing to say the least )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg delta 26.jpg (529.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg delta 25.jpg (528.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg delta 24.jpg (510.7 KB, 9 views)
chris dawe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to chris dawe For Your Post: