View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2016, 06:16 AM   #22
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,564 Times in 3,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hatton View Post
I can go to VT and pick up your chassis for you... I even have a place here that I can store it for you for the winter.

When I deliver it next spring, would you be OK if the left side outriggers were a bit punky? I'm pretty sure that's the way they ship them these days!

Do you spend any time on the Guns and Rovers site? I haven't been on that site like I used to, but those are a great bunch of guys!
Thanks for the offer. It's at Arthur P's house now. I wish I could have taken three 2A chassis', but the one I got was the last Richards chassis for the foreseeable future.
Replacing just the outriggers is a pretty straightforward job.
I've done 4 re-frames and I always think the next one will be easier, but they never are, and I'm a lot older since the last series restoration.
I did an NAS110 over, and kept it for 15 years. I thought when I sold that one I was over them, but, like Parkers, one never gets over them.
I see Steve Young occasionally, but I don't do the Landy boards much at all anymore. I moderated the Defender section of LRO from it's inception until it was sold to a Canadian firm. All I got for that 'pleasure' was an appreciation for what Mods go through.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote