View Single Post
“Der Ain’t No Flys on Dat Sun Ahhh Maa Bitch” (W. O. Odem )
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
ahfoxman
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default “Der Ain’t No Flys on Dat Sun Ahhh Maa Bitch” (W. O. Odem )

Check out this 28" 5lb - 9oz bit of Repro eye candy. This shooting stick will be a bit of enjoyment when these old stumps of mine put me on the log out in the grouse covers. I know, wood is very subjective, but this stick really lights this old Dutchman's fire....... and Yes, the other side is just as good.

Now, do I keep my NIB, 26", SST. FPG, 5lb -10oz Repro, with all the candy. ie: serialized box, paper wrappings, plastic sleeves, inner triangular boxes, case with the early non canvas soft cloth case cover, instruction manual, guarantee card, and dealer card, etc.etc? It's serial number is below 50, and it also has killer wood. Do you guys think these 28 Repros are going to continue to climb in value when weighing the uncertainties concerning guns and hunting looming in the future, and remembering that there have been some 3500 +/- 28ga’s made?

I don’t want to sell it, but think about my wife and family having to deal with my collecting passions when the time comes. My kid jokes that he is checking out ahead of me so he doesn’t have to deal with my mess of STUFF. If there is anything to the old adage about the good dying young: I should be around for quite a while yet to help pay for the current political follies. Ahhhhh, Always Remember: Life is Good, Treat it with Respect
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28gaDrivSide.jpg (36.0 KB, 48 views)
Tom Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote