View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #62
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
hows this for science..there are a few thousand of us parker owners and we as in most of us guys shoot our damascus guns reguraly with no problems..my self i shoot a lot of damascus and differant types of composite steel like stub twist-plain steel-laminated steel -wire twist- and the list goes on..some of these old barrels are pitted and i have shot some heavy loads thru them in smokeless powder with 3 oz of shot..so i say mr bell and mr arbrust and all of us shooters of all these old guns have proven a scientic fact that these old barrels still shoot ok.. charlie
How is it for science? Well, it is not science at all. It is anecdotal evidence. There's no scientific proof of anything therein, other than perhaps that on those days with those guns with those loads in those weather conditions with those shooters nothing bad happened.

During the Viet Nam War, thousands of GI's had unprotected sex with thousands of Vietnamese women, and thousands of GI's never caught any disease. Is that scientific fact that you can't catch a disease from having unprotected sex?

Bell's tests are evidence, for sure, but not proof.
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote