View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #34
birddogdoc
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,527 Times in 267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
Shawn, I have all of Mark Jeffery Volk's books and have been thinking about going back and reading them again. He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I even talked to his old publisher and was able to get his last book, albeit the bookcover was missing. I am not talking bad about someone, but believe he may suffer from some serious depression--hope I am wrong, and hope he is doing well, but that is my impression. A great writer and talent, and wish he was still producing.
I believe Jim Fergus is now residing in Arizona( or N. Mex). Talked to him a couple of years ago. Chapter 16, "Looking for Mr. Grouse" is about our hunt together. He parked his Airstream in my drive for a couple of days and of course I got to hunt with his dog, Sweetzer. H e had 2 16 ga guns with him at the time a Sterlingworth 16 and a Belgium guild gun. I think he is just writing novels now.
And hey, Parker fans, you should all subscribe to Shawn's upland blog for enjoyable reading, he along with his brother Andrew, produce a couple great blogs. Hope I get this right Shawn--if not please chime in--" A Mouthful of Feathers, and Upland Ways. Great Stuff!!
Harold...I use to communicate with Mark Volk by email and then just as you described he dropped off the face of the earth. Mark is an excellent writer. I have all 5 books plus a complication of his first three books that was made into a limited edition...I've only seen two copies of this. I had them both and traded one to artist Bob Bertram for one of his hand made lanyards. I still have the other copy. I've heard that one of Mark's stories was sold for a movie...I believe it's the last chapter in The Upland Way...A perfect summer...but I'd have to go look at the title. It's certainly heart touching.

Jim Fergus has signed a copy of all his books and mailed them to me...I feel pretty lucky. I think you're right about AZ.

Andy and I just have Upland Ways and thanks for the kudos!
Visit Shawn Wayment's homepage!