Thread: Upland authors
View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #33
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,017 Posts

Shawn, I have all of Mark Jeffery Volk's books and have been thinking about going back and reading them again. He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I even talked to his old publisher and was able to get his last book, albeit the bookcover was missing. I am not talking bad about someone, but believe he may suffer from some serious depression--hope I am wrong, and hope he is doing well, but that is my impression. A great writer and talent, and wish he was still producing.
I believe Jim Fergus is now residing in Arizona( or N. Mex). Talked to him a couple of years ago. Chapter 16, "Looking for Mr. Grouse" is about our hunt together. He parked his Airstream in my drive for a couple of days and of course I got to hunt with his dog, Sweetzer. H e had 2 16 ga guns with him at the time a Sterlingworth 16 and a Belgium guild gun. I think he is just writing novels now.
And hey, Parker fans, you should all subscribe to Shawn's upland blog for enjoyable reading, he along with his brother Andrew, produce a couple great blogs. Hope I get this right Shawn--if not please chime in--" A Mouthful of Feathers, and Upland Ways. Great Stuff!!