Thread: 28 gauge slugs
View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #25
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

The fellows in Russia that made one of my 10 gauge slug molds and the mold for 16's that I have also make a mold for the 28 and 410 .

Most of their designs are loosely based one the Lyman 12 and 20 Sabot Slug's IE they look like large air rifle pellets .

The Rooskie slug in my 10 gauge guns generally shoots very well , same can be said for the Lyman in several of my double 12's . The Rooskie slug shoots the best of any of them I've tried in a GH 16 Damascus barreled gun , that one shoots well out to 50 yards .

The smallest I've spent any time messing with is the 20 gauge and as I am sure you may have guessed I have the Lyman 20 gauge sabot mold . Anyway my little 20 VHE has done remarkably well with factory Brenneke both the old ones and the present manufacture , it's also done relatively well with factory Remington foster slugs . My home cast slugs do a bit better then the REM but not as well as the Brenneke .

I've not bothered with the 28 using Brenneke or casting as my only 28 at the moment is a like new Superposed skeet gun . But who knows what I might luck into one day . If I should ever cough up the cabbage for a VH 28 I'll most certainly work up a load with a home cast slug and plunk a deer . Well that is if I'm physically capable
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote