View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #13
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

If your 1/4" spacer went under the whole shell holder it would work better. The station for dropping everything and inserting the wad would also be higher. Also the shell holder has a lip for the last two stations keeping the shell located properly, but most of all the shell catching under a lip keeps it down where it belongs when lifting the handle after the final crimp. Many times, at least for me, the shell has stuck in the last die making removal hard when the shell slipped out of the shell holder. One time I had to order a new shell holder because the old one didn't work properly. I have also on the back side drilled a clearance hole for a 1/4X20 machine screw so one could be used to hold everything down and tight. The press plate already had a 1/4X20 tapped hole in it. If I remember correctly the spacer plate from Mec has a 1/4" clearance hole already in it. Bill, you could make it look a lot neater by just tracing around the shell holder, cutting out the wood and inserting the piece of wood underneath the shell holder. Just a idea.