Thread: Longtail
View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #8
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

thanks Harold - plain and simple - the vet could have said that instead of "big words"

as for dogs - distance marking may be an issue - but other than that, its my impression that dog's sight is not all that great anyway - movement seems to be the thing they spot

stand still in the woods some day and call him and see how long it takes him to find you and I'll bet its with his nose. I wave my hat when a dog looks my way after I call him in and you can tell when he see the movement

that's why field trial trainers wore white coats to increase the contrast so that when they move they will be seen.

animals adapt very well- we have a 14 year old barn cat (who has slowly become an in/outdoor cat ) - her eyes have clouded over to the point she cannot see very far, I'd say a matter of feet, in fact she seems to have trouble knowing if the back door is open, but I can move her food and she'll still find it