Gunsmith for locking lever
Unread 08-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #39
Thomas Billeter
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Gunsmith for locking lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob kuczynski View Post
a big concern of mine is that on average, a sb trap gun will be opened more often than a sbs or an o&u. im most concerned about side play or loose lock up with truniun wear.(sp)
My first post. I just bought a SBT and shot it the first time today. It's a 1936 gun by the sn and although the wood and metal are nice on the outside the action was very stiff due to not having been cleaned in forever.

I cleaned it up some and took it out this morning. The gun has a release trigger as do my other trapguns. I stopped at the pattern board first and at 30 yards the gun shoots a dense probably 60/40 full choke pattern.

Everything seems to work well. The release lever was about neutral and after 3 rounds is left of center and the action needs to be closed smartly before firing. Does anyone know who would be a good gunsmith to take a look at it? I've had Phillips do work for me in the past and he was first to come to mind.

The other thing that I noticed when cleaning it was that the extractor/ejector screw was loose. Snugged it up and it worked fine to this point. Might be worth a drop of blue locktight?

Any information you oldtimers can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom
Thomas Billeter is offline   Reply With Quote