Thread: Purdey London
View Single Post
Purdey London
Unread 08-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #26
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Purdey London

A few years ago I was in London on business, staying at Grosvenor House. Stopped into Purdey around the corner and had a similar experience. It is magnificent. The gentleman manning the store was polite, if a bit curt. The cheapest gun on display was a used SXS for 50K pounds. I thought perhaps I would pickup a set of cufflinks for my father. They were 1500 pounds. At this point, I laughed recognizing that not only could I not afford the gun, I couldn't afford the cufflinks! At that, I departed. A couple days later, on the way to the airport, I was relating the story to the cabbie, who happened to be a gun guy. He said we had plenty of time to swing by H&H on the way, if I wanted to see it as well. H&H was beautiful, of course, and the gentleman manning the store polite and a bit more friendly. I asked if I could use the restroom (they don't have a public W/C) and he took me downstairs through the corporate boardroom to where it is located. The boardroom walls are endless display cases of historic H&H guns. After dropping me at the restroom, the gentleman departed and I had plenty of time to view the collection alone. Wonderful, memorable experience.
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Graziano For Your Post: