View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #15
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
My dipper shows a 2 7/8 load at 5 1/2drams of powder [ 150grs ]. Harry had some good hints about cleaning. I do as he did except when done with the clean water I run a dry patch down the barrel, then one with WD-40 to remove any moisture, then one with good ol REM-oil.
I have been reading alot about this stuff called eezox alot of blackpowder shooters seem to swear by it saying its the best thing they have used .
I do know wd40 is useful because it displaces water at least from what I have read .

I am hoping the proof load is on the barrel flats , the Belgians had a proofing house like the English from what I have seen . I am confused about the make of the barrels some say that london was marked on Belgian barrels to try to upsell their guns . But I have also read that smaller Belgian makers or guild guns would order they barrels from the UK . So who knows ?

I didnt wanted to start another thread but If i buy a 8 gauge cartridge gun is anyone loading blackhorn 209 in theirs ? From the accounts I have read it shoots clean and isnt very corrosive if at all .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote