View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2020, 01:49 PM   #34
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,536 Times in 4,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Davis View Post
I'm remodeling my home and of course more then half was gutted when the Virus become a pandemic. Thanks goodness one bathroom was functional but now supplies for the other bathroom and laundry room have been delayed. Contractor got notice today that some of the supplies from Ohio will arrive sometime between July 1st and August 15th. Home Depot notified me new toilet and sink for the guest bathroom are on a pallet waiting for pick-up but they have no one to unload the pallet.
Kitchen re-model has been postponed!!!!
I am surprised to hear that. Well, kind of. Around me (in Western NY) the trades are all pretty much business as usual. Hardware stores and Home & Garden Centers have been deemed as essential but the state and are carrying on as normal and most are hiring additional people.
And when it comes to contractors, they are considered essential too. And that goes along with the companies that support/supply them too.
But I guess different areas may be handling things different than others.
But as far as Restrictions on businesses, there isn't much worse than here in NY.

Thank goodness the home centers are still open, I have a LOT to do around my house and a completely clear schedule on weekends to get it all done.