View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #11
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Here's my take on the challenge and there are others who agree. I said this to Mark Conrad 15 years ago so if you want more shooters you might want to consider adopting a Lewis class system. Lets say you want a squad of 10 shooters then make it two or three of the caliber of say John Truit, then a couple more that aren't A or AA class shooters then the final third your class C or D shooters. This would give more people a chance to make "The team" therefore increasing the number of participants. It should also be limited to original guns, no choke tubes non original barrels etc.

IMHO (and I have NO stake in this it's just an observation) that this has become more about winning and less about the guns and the organizations behind them. I looked at team Parker's winning squad and didn't recognize half of the names. The web site listed them as Forum Members so how fortunate that they signed up as members at Deep River for Parker. A team shooter should have to have been a member of their respective organization for at least 6 months prior to the shoot. You want more shooters what will it hurt to give it a try?