Thread: Eureka!
View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2020, 12:02 PM   #50
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

Odd that the first time I saw (the 20 gauge I think but I'm not sure) in its poorly refinished condition was at the Chantilly Virginia show, being displayed by Julia in preparation for auction. I was used to seeing Jim's Parkers in all levels of condition, but this was the low level. Like some of you, I have a hard time keeping the two A-1s straight. I"m not sure Larry Baer accurately described the gun with the ruined inlays. A talented engraver could repair almost any damage done to inlays. I'll have to review my Baer books to see if I can identify the gun he is describing. By the way, the last time I met Jim was at the PGCA meeting at the Ohio Gun Collectors, an extremely high point in PGCA history. Jim had some key Parker guns and others on his tables, with no price tags or "not for sale" price tags. I was surprised and happy to see that James Hall's mom strutted down the aisle with one of the guns that was "not for sale". I talked to her and she admitted that she had just bought that wonderful gun. I guess I learned something from that transaction.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: