View Single Post
New owner from NS
Unread 02-04-2019, 08:42 PM   #1
Halifaxuplander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New owner from NS

Greetings from Nova Scotia,

An early Christmas gift to myself, I was able to purchase a GH 12 gauge with Damascus barrels that was born in 1919! It's been a long, long wait...

Had to pass on a Trojan Grade 16 gauge back in the early 90's when I was a fresh out of school, no money in my pocket kid. The gun needed work, and after discussions with DelGrego, I couldn't afford both the gun and the required repairs.

Flash forward to 2011 and I had a stunning reconditioned 20 gauge VHE in my hands while on holiday in Maine. I talked myself out of this, and then found out it would have been impossible to bring back without a fair amount of pre-paperwork.

I have since acquired a very early 1913 Elsie Specialty Grade in 16 gauge. How it ended up in Halifax, is a story I would love to hear. It's a great grouse gun, and fits me like a glove.

I have had initial discussions with DelGrego, and now that your government is back in business, I can sort the required paperwork to get it down to NY. This one is destined for reconditioning before wild pheasants over my spaniel. I cannot wait to put it to work.

Thanks to the organizers of this site for providing such a terrific resource.
Chris Chisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chris Chisholm For Your Post: