Cad-Cam- all good
Unread 07-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Cad-Cam- all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Starr View Post
Made in japan is different though then made in china . My browning bps is made in japan but no one else makes a pump 10 ga. One reason I plan to learn cadcam and cnc machine at college is.so I can learn to make not good.but great american guns. Nowadays people just want what's cheap and easy but its not working for us . Then again from what I read made in america isn't working for the new ithaca.
-- Times have changed- when my late Granddad did his apprenticeship as a machinist-he got a rough cube of HRS, a bench vise (Parker & Snow) set of files (Nicholson) and a Try-Square (Starrett or Stanley) and he had to file to a dead perfect cube- no gaps anywhere along the blade of the square--Cad-Cam and CNC machining (Cincinnati, Bridgeport- etc.) all have advanced the tool & die industry- I hope you will find a good skilled trade job, Milt- after you finish that much needed education in today's world- I have seen and shot some of the Japanese Browning guns- also the Parker repros- they are good as copying the originals, witness the great German optics now copied at lower cost in Japan and China and marketed by Cabela's and other Big Volume stores-

Today, we lose new hunters to the changing world- PETA, anti-gun, less available farmlands- in the Soil Bank and CRP days, with smaller farms dotting our heartland, not too difficult to get permission to hunt- today, the smaller farm era is gone- large corporate farms are the norm in many places, and some hunting is becoming like in England and Europe- the pleasure of the very rich- Likewise, the niche for older side-by-sides and other fine weapons of our forebearers is a diminishing segment- some of us collect and treasure such things, as they bring back memories in our hands of days we will never see again- my late father used to tell me, when I was about 12 and by then an avid bird and duck hunter- "Son, enjoy this privilege of being on a farmer's land, 20 years or so from now, it will be a golf course or a apartment complex-" I didn't want to believe him then, but he was right-
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post: