Thread: Opinions Please
View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2021, 10:03 PM   #18
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,977 Times in 1,126 Posts

Here's my thoughts, John. If you can not be thinking about the cracked forearm, go for it. But, put the ty-wrap on there so that all can see it. You will have a slight edge over your competition. For some reason it is intimidating to the competition to see someone shooting well with a "patched up" gun.

Years ago, when the NWTF Turkey Shoot at The Meadows was held each August, they had a 100 bird S X S event which we would enter each year. My buddy Charlie Boswell, of CompNChoke, was shooting a Parker with the forend held on with multiple wraps of electrical tape around and over the barrels, rib and forend. There was a shootout for HOA between him and a guy shooting a Purdey. I won't mention his name. Charlie beat him in the shootout. A friend from Alabama came up to him after the shootout and said "You've just got to admire a man that outshoots a Purdey with a taped-up Parker".

There is a big psychological aspect to keen competition, I learned years ago. I'm sure you're aware of that, too. Take advantage of it.

Last edited by Stan Hillis; 08-02-2021 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: misspelled psychological
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hillis For Your Post: