Thread: Ruffs up north
View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #15
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,596 Times in 3,087 Posts

I know we are wandering a bit off the thread, but I also have an "acquaintance" with Robert Urich. Back in 2000 he was a guest speaker for our University and there was a special meeting opportunity for some of us University folk and key alums. I was familiar with Urich through his TV show, but more importantly (at least to me) for his work in publishing Once Upon a Time, a collection of Nash Buckingham stories not included in his previous books. Unfortunately, I was pretty ill and could not make the event, but my wife, bless her, was willing to take my copy of the book and see if Mr. Urich might sign it. According to her he was enchanted with the idea that someone in this academic crowd might know of this aspect of his work, and he spent a good amount of time talking with my wife about it -- much to the chagrin of some of my anti-hunting/gun colleagues. I spent a working lifetime in higher education, not always the most hospitable place for a hunter and gun collector, and this event -- albeit a vicarious one -- was among some of my most memorable. Elaine describes him as Dean has, quiet and courteous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4866.jpg (127.0 KB, 2 views)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: