Unread 12-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #17
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,565 Times in 3,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
It truly is!!

I woke up one evening after dark after having fallen asleep soon after I sat there at about 2:30 pm. It was snowing pretty good when I sat and when I woke up I had at least 3" of fresh snow blanketing me.
Dean,

Now that's some serious napping. Your story gave me the best chuckle I've had in a while. I kept thinking of another hunter coming upon you half buried in the snow -- it would take a year or two off a guy's life.

I had a buddy with me while Fall turkey hunting a few years ago. We had busted the flock and I was calling them in for us. Unbeknownst to me, he had fallen asleep behind me. Just as I had several of the flock on the edge of shotgun range, he sounded off with one of the most prodigious snores I've ever heard. The turkeys flew off. He never woke up...and later a groundhog came in to investigate his snores. I told him I was going to start using him as a varmint call.

I'm sure you did not snore under your blanket of snow...
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: