View Single Post
just a tip
Unread 10-01-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default just a tip

as every one knows that fool with 8 gauges that the once fired hulls of remington industrial hull are really hard to put the wads in...they hold there memory crimp very well which is 6 point..i have never used a spin doctor as i do not own one i came up with a good idea which some people may already know..i used my10 ga trimmer that does the hull trim to 2 7/8 it has an ajustment screw on it to set for desired lentgh of hull...i set the trimmer at 3 1/8 inch thus taking off 1/8 inch the hull being 3 1/4 inch long...it is now perfecly round the plastic wads go in fairly easy now...i have been loading with fiber wads that are hard as a brick they are still rough to put in but i soled this by cutting the 1/2 inch wad in half with a knife put them in sideways and straiten up with wad driver...and if your out of wads over shot split the 1/8 inch wad over powder in half and use it for over shot...the hulls i roll crimp them when fired they go back to being round again...hope this helps someone it makes loading the once fired remington hull a lot eaiser....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: