View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #9
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
Pete, I saw your post on the Lefever forum and thought you and others might be interested in the profile of that right barrel choke. It starts a slow taper at 4" aft of the muzzle with 4 thou in the first two inches of run, then 4 thou in the next inch, and 6 thou in the last inch out to the muzzle. Total constriction is 14 points. That's with my Stan Baker bore mike.

Some of this Lefever bore and choke technology still seems to be mysterious and that's why I'm particularly interested.

frank
As I understand the process a reamer that gives a tapered choke of .040 in four inches would produce a choke of .020 in two inches and .010 in 1 inch etc. It would seem to me a very small amount of constriction will have a very short amount of taper. The 10ga I just got has .018 in the left and the taper is about 3.5 to 4 inches long to the muzzle and the right barrel with .003 which is continuous to the muzzle is very short, 1/2" or so. Barrels are not cut. It patterned very well and I was surprised .003 delivered 53% at 40 yards and .018 delivered 85%. It's not a lot of constriction for a 10. That's why I think you may be surprised by the pattern your .014 constriction shoots.