View Single Post
Back from Montana
Unread 10-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
Daniel G Rainey
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Back from Montana

Good to be back in Mississippi, but had a wonderful time in Montana. My son lives there and we chased birds for a few days. This was new to him since the quail were gone when he came ago and he was always in school during the pheasant trips. Enjoyed Chico's at Emigrant also prime rib at Harry's in Lewistown. Thanks for the tips. I was aware that a pointing dog was really what was needed. Something that can cover the country, but we had my Boykin. She had hunted sharptails before liked Gray partridge and blue grouse. My son informed me that he never upland hunted before besides shooting doves as kid. He shoots blue grouse for food sometimes while elk hunting. He started guiding elk hunters before I came home. Called up a 6 by 6 for a hunter one day. Killed a 5 by 5 with his bow 2 days later. Life is good. Checked out Hill's Rod and Gun in Bozeman. Charles the owner is a bird hunter and a nice fellow had mostly Engish boxlocks in the shop. Time to catch up at home before heading to South Dakota for pheasants in Nov.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Danny- first Blue Grouse.jpg (517.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Danny- Sharptails out of Winnett.jpg (501.2 KB, 1 views)
Daniel G Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daniel G Rainey For Your Post: