View Single Post
They look great.
Unread 10-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default They look great.

There are two major steam engine festivals held in MI each year, one in Buckley (near Traverse City) and one in Barry County (Hastings) at the Charlton Heston Memorial Park- the later one usually in July. You might try a google search and see if any of the principals who put on these shows can lead you to a Parker Steam engine-- Right now, after a garage sale/barn sale in Barry Co. this past week, I am debating about buying a Parker & Snow 4": Machinist's vise-- has a small section that had cracked from the rear bolster, if the gent had kept that piece I could braze it back together and make it whole-maybe--

Please note- I spelled it properly here- vise-- a Machinst's VICE (if he was anything like my maternal Great Grandpa and my Grand Pa- would be cigars, Irish whiskey and pounding fists on the work bench when an apprentice "messed up" in his shop-- "I don't give a good rattli" *&^Damn about them tolerances, Boy- you either make it right to print, or don't bother doing the layout with the Dykem-- Harsh taskmasters, yes- but the margin for error factor was not part of my learning years I should say--:bowdow n:
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote