Thread: Ellie Mae
View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2020, 09:49 PM   #8
Barry owens
Forum Associate

Member Info

Other notes, straight grip, U grade, 30" barrels all serial numbers match. Only thing I noticed is DHBP has no penciled number? I think I read that would be correct. It looks like something was ground off and as I mentioned the fit was atrocious, about 1/8th inch proud all around. Does old wood shrink? no pun intended. Checkering is almost completely worn away and lots of pitting on forearm metal. Also Parker silver medallion had a lot of Verdi gris? pushing it up. cleaned and epoxied it back in place. May get an engraver to put CJ intials on it some day. I have been playing with BLO and thinner on the wood. My only other experience has been with tru oil. I don't want to completely refinish the stock and rechecker, I have only checkered 3 stocks so far so that is a future deal. Also the gun has pitting on the left side, I guess the old timers sweat more over there?

The right barrel came with a custom choke by way of a large dent in the muzzle. My Craftsman 1/2" socket was almost perfect and these bores are no where near .729"!

Also, would 2 5/8th chambers be correct, the 2 1/2 " RST looked to be almost perfect when fired. I do not want to tempt fate too much.
Barry owens is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry owens For Your Post: