View Single Post
Interesting PH12
Unread 08-16-2019, 10:29 PM   #1
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Default Interesting PH12

A friend here calls me last week saying he heard I was a Parker guy. He bought a Parker at a garage sale from a guy who says it was his grandpas and would like me to look at it. The guy had never shot it. I go out there today to see it and it turns out to be a 30" twist #1 frame PH12. Hasn't been shot much - all screws are good and regulated, bores are good, especially for a gun that was last shot at least 40 years ago and put away uncleaned, and the receiver is in excellent condition, albeit with some patina. Stock seems a replacement but superbly done, save for the buttplate, which has been filed on some to make it fit. If the butt plate was right you'd think the stock was original. 15" LOP...?? BBls have pattern but have suffered from poor storage but would clean up ok with one of those magic copper scrubby pads, I think. Something is keeping the locking lug from fully engaging - can't be too serious, but it feels like something metal is blocking it. It actually looks like it's never been apart, but that's unlikely. 1893 vintage, I think he said. He's been in touch with someone online about it and had gathered some info. Perfectly shootable gun once cleaned up and the lever issue is remedied. And... he paid all of $100 for it!! It was hard to drive away without making him an offer!!
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post: