View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #7
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,425 Times in 686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Does the color of the cover match anything in TPS?
Bill:

Only, thus far, what I say about it in the second sentence of my first post.

But for a more reliable determination, I have put forward queries. I do not know yet where the owner of the catalogue is located, but his friend (who is also my friend) does live near me. I’m the only guy of the three involved who has THE PARKER STORY for reference. Maybe a “live” meeting could be arranged, pandemic-be-damned. Heck, I’m all for busting-out.

For accurate dating of Parker promotional material, I can see from the extensive list in THE PARKER STORY that identifying exact color is vital.

I have stressed that point in my queries, as very similar-looking colors could be ascribed to a photo image of his catalogue, which is what we have illustrated in my first post. Those similar and easy to be confused colors used by Parker in promotional material include, Buff; light buff; Brown; Brown leather; Brown cloth; light tan; dark tan; dark brown; taupe; light taupe; and pinkish tan. (I have left out all the green; red and blue variants.)

We enthusiasts await answers.