View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #11
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

The shape of a spacer would be what goes under the shell guide on the drop and crimp stations. If you lift the main spring up you can pull the guide off, trace around it for your shape. You'll have to make it a bit smaller to fit under the curled lip, that that's about it. You can make it any thickness you want. Or order the short kit and use it for a pattern to make another so you get the height you want. It's not hard to do. I load 2 5/8 on my Mec jr all the time with only one 1/4" spacer. I had trouble sometimes with a shell sticking in the final crimp station and it would then pull up out of the guide. With a pliers I bent the lip on the outside edge of the guide straight , or 90 degrees to the plate itself. There's a 1/4 X 20 threaded hole in the back of the main plate of the press itelf - I drilled a clearance hole and then screwed down the shell guide through the 1/4' spacer so the guide would stay down in place. If this thread got moved to the reloading forum you may get a lot more replies.