Thread: GunBroker SCC
View Single Post
Unread 09-03-2018, 03:27 PM   #26
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

While I appreciate your reply and link, Johnny; it doesn't answer the question regarding the specific chamber lengths of Parker Reproduction Sporting Clays Classics and other models of Parker Reproductions.

I have mentioned previously that I have two SCCs, one is unfired NIB, both are stamped having 2 3/4" chambers, but actually measure 3". I once owned a Steel Shot Special w/28" bbls. that was stamped for 3" shells and its chambers measure 3". I have two 28-ga. Repros, one a 2-bbl. set (26" & 28" bbls.), all three barrels are stamped for 2 3/4" shells and all three have 2 3/4" chambers. I also have a 26" 20-ga. Repro that is stamped for 2 3/4" shells, its chambers measure 2 3/4".

From my small sampling, as well as info I've gathered from others that have actually measured their Repro's chambers, it appears the common practice of the factory was to stamp the barrels with the actual chamber length which matched the length of shell for which it was intended. The exception is the Sporting Clays Classic model that was stamped having 2 3/4" chambers, but all SCCs to my knowledge, left the factory with 3" chambers. In addition, all brochures and articles on the SCC that I've seen have reported them as having 3" chambers.