View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2018, 07:17 AM   #22
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Wasylyna View Post
Maybe it’s a 1980’s thing, but where are the 30+ inch barrels? I love my 28 inch SCC, but longer barrels would make the love more like momma’s love.

-Victor
It has been reported in these pages that there were 25 12-ga. 30" Parker Reproduction barrel sets made. These 30" barrel sets were made available and could be added onto any 12-ga. Repro. To my recollection three different posters here on the forum have discussed having them added to their SSSs, two of the three poster's 30" barrel sets have had Briley aftermarket choke tubes installed -- both of these posters have listed them for sale within the last 12 months here on this site in the For Sale forum, one of them is just the 30" barrels only, the other is a complete 2-bbl. set. To my knowledge these are still available. The 3rd poster told us he hasn't found the need or opportunity to shoot his factory choked M/F 30" barrel set much. Where the other 22 30" original PR barrel sets are remains a mystery.

There was also a 4th poster that claims there is at least one set of 32" Parker Reproduction barrels in existence and a friend of his owns it. When questioned of its authenticity the poster says the barrels are "Skeuse all over". But, unfortunately this 32" barrel set remains unverified.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: