View Single Post
Unread 10-29-2019, 07:07 AM   #3
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,425 Times in 686 Posts

gee Dean, it’s not that I don’t owe ya, but giving away my guide’s covers….I’m even self-conscious when riding in his truck to pay much attention to the topo map or MAINE ATLAS and GAZETTEER; it just doesn’t seem cricket. (Not that for safety reasons-only, you see, I don’t file away mentally where we might be; heck, there may come an emergency, or something.)

I just can’t shake the story I was told about the legendary Cape Cod Striped Bass guide, who noticed that whenever he got his Diesel-powered 35-footer into a productive tide-rip, the client disappeared below – just when the action was getting hot. The mate went down into the cabin to see what the client was doing and found him entering latitude and longitude numbers into his hand-held GPS.

OK, in the interests of broadening the knowledge of PGCA Members and Forum Associates: the trees you see are of a Christmas tree farm, incongruously right in the middle of the North Maine Woods, where the norm, in contrast, is cultivating and logging off timber for milled wood products. It is all at the confluence of the Aroostook; Allagash and Machias River watersheds.

For further info. on his guide services; dogs and kennels contact Dave Mosher, Registered Maine Guide, via his website: https://sugarfootguideservice.com.

below see photo of Dave on our June 2019 fishing trip, impairing his health; and another of the 80-year-old, with a full pack basket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4222 (1).jpg (499.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4208.jpg.edit.jpg (514.7 KB, 3 views)