View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2018, 05:44 PM   #11
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

Grabbing a late lunch and back at it, but the bores measured .737 and were proofed at .733.

As I understand such things, anything under .743 would be considered still in proof?

My first Parker DH measured .021 in one of its damascus barrels but I was assured it was safe (with light loads) by the knowledgeable gentleman I had contacted looking for one. He was right.

This gun is me dipping my toe across the pond by dealing with a knowledgeable dealer who has a reputation for being fair. I am not looking for me to be able to turn around in 10-20 years and make a big profit on it. Its a learning experience for me on a gun that appeals to me.

I thank you for your due concern Mr. Murphy and take no offense at all at your wise and safe advice. In fact I greatly appreciate it.

I may very well at some point regret the money spent on it....I doubt it....but I do not think I will regret the experience or the education it will provide.

Also, I picked up a book on W & C Scott as what I have found online claims that they more or less built all the guns for Evans and Evans may or may not have done nothing more than have their name put on it. So it should be interesting reading.