View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2020, 05:59 AM   #10
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,959 Times in 1,121 Posts

A good friend of mine, Bill McGuire outshot Digweed to win the American leg of the Triple Classic sporting clays championship some years ago, here in GA. I watched Digweed shoot several stations from well behind him hoping to see something interesting. I didn't. He is study in monotony when shooting. Just a machine.

I knew Bill and George were shooting the last round at the same time and Bill was having a really good round going into the last station. The pressure got to him, though, because he knew how close he and George were, in scoring. Bill dropped three easy birds on the last station, simply because of "choking" from the pressure. I lit out to go find George. I found him getting off his cart at the tent area. I walked up, extended my hand and asked how he shot the last round. "Not well" he replied, and told me how many he had dropped. I knew right then that Bill had beat him, and hurried back to Bill and told him he had won. He looked at me, incredulous, and asked how I knew. I said that I had just talked to George.

I found George to be very pleasant and friendly.

SRH
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Hillis For Your Post: