View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #20
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,569 Times in 3,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Black View Post
I have a photo of my father with this gun in one hand while retrieving a quail with his other hand from Ginger his Brittany Spaniel. I believe the photo was taken somewhere near Brewster, FL in the 40's as this is where my grandfather lived at the time. As some of you may know, the town of Brewster no longer exists and is listed in the register of Florida ghost towns. Just curious if anyone is interested in viewing the photo, and if so which forum thread should it be placed in?
***Sorry, I missed the photo when I posted this -- great photo!!!***

John, Welcome! I would love to see the photo you reference, and I'd bet there are more here that would also. It might be best posted in the "hunting with Parkers" section, but I'm sure it might fit in other places also. I can't wait to see the gun. I think it would be interesting and informative to see what someone would order for quail during that time period (and in the deep South). If you get a letter, how nice would it be to have it with your grandfather's name attached to the order?! For a Parker owner, it does not get much better.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote