View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #12
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,874 Times in 4,756 Posts

Chuck and Traci, Linda and I are with you all the way. Our Wirehair, Eva, who you know from the Side by Side circuit is 11 1/2 years old, very active, but the inevitable is coming. Bird dogs are the best of the best, not to take anything away from a loyal retriever. At 71 years old, I have been given permission to start another dog when Eva leaves us. Obviously, because of my debilitated physical condition, it will not be an English Pointer, but a Wirehair is very high on the list. I left for the Army in 1967, leaving my Dad with a very high strung English Pointer, Ranger, but he survived cancer and a heart attack by parking the car next to a productive field and waiting for Ranger to go on point, then slowly walking in on the point. Dad used his remaining strength to great advantage, and had no trouble harvesting a Pennsylvania cockbird on a regular basis for the two years I was away "doing my duty". Chuck, the 20 gauge A-1 in the pictures I showed you is still on the radar. Bill and Linda Murphy
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote