View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #20
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,830 Times in 2,017 Posts

Hope to make it in Wed to shoot, but if not will be getting in Wed eve., and will shoot all day Thurs. Bruce & John, look forward to meeting you there .
I shoot at Drakes, but not at the Southern for a very simple reason, I am not a competitive shooter, as a matter of fact, on my best days I am mediocre--I can see COB, Daryl, Mark Q., Mike Smith, and more shaking their heads in agreement. But you have to agree guys, I am shooting much better than when I first met you at the Eastern SXS in WV. So, I am shooting just for fun and to hang out with my friends. I shot this past Sunday at Hunting Hills In Pa with my friend Mark. Mark is a serious competitor and decided to have a little fun. He shot the first pair with his left hand behind his back and broke them both. On the second pair, he held his 12 ga Marlin LC Smith one handed out in front of him like a pistol, and again broke them both. The third pair, he shot from the hip and missed one, Hell, I cant compete with someone like that. He has won both the 16 and 20 ga at the Southern before. He came over tonight, and left with one of my Sterlingworth 16's and my VH 1 frame 16 to try, as he does not own a 16. I would not be surprised if he wins the 16 ga with one of my guns. And , there are a few other guys from Wheeling, who regularly shoot in the 90's who will be at the Southern who are there to try to win, extremely competitive shooters. I will go to the Southern Fri. afternoon and again Saturday, usually spend a few hundred on old books, etc and enjoy the experience.
I wish I could shoot good enough to compete , but really just want to chill out from the pressures of private practice and have fun. Looking forward to seeing my old friends and meeting some new ones, shoot straight my friends.
Harold