View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2019, 12:07 AM   #23
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
If I have posted this before, I apologize. My dad was a director at Remington who ordered a 2 Barrel 3200 set in the years before choke tubes. The gun took a long time to arrive, and when it did there was no invoice for him to pay. He called the president asked where the invoice was. The president said to my dad that they could not sell him the gun at the present time, because it was on their books for $300,000. They claimed that that was the work done to be able to develop their multiple Barrel skeet sets on their automated Machinery without requiring additional skilled labor to fit the barrels. After two years they sent my dad an invoice for the normal amount for the gun. If that $300,000 number is correct, which I doubt, the few number of multiple Barrel skeet sets that Remington must have sold would have been big-time losers.
I was “told” that Remington made 12 gauge barrels (obviously) and 20 gauge barrels for the 3200’s but somewhere along the line “I think” I was told the 28 and 410 3200 barrels were made by Simmons . Dunno if that’s correct but seems to me that was what I’d heard .